Senior Test Engineer
Join a Montreal headquarter company that helps organizations around the world create a personalized journey of impact and fulfillment for their people. Explorance offers innovative Experience Management (XM) solutions because we believe that each experience matters.
As a Senior Test Engineer at Explorance, you will have the hands-on opportunity to work within a growing team to solve interesting challenges.
What you will do as a Senior Test Engineer:
- Participate in requirements review and understand new feature development and provides feedback.
- Gather requirements, build testing solutions, update the testing procedure to provide better testing coverage and user experience and troubleshoot issues to deliver a high-quality product
- Create a software defect tracking report entire project release status to stakeholders.
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, test estimates, etc., during test planning meetings and responsible for creating test plans and strategy.
- Reviews and re-evaluates the test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities, and schedules.
- Oversees testing of software features and oversees quality review of various applications.
- Oversees projects to make sure work is scheduled based on priorities, risks and team strengths and assignment of resources across projects.
- Oversees implementation and execution of functional, regression, and acceptance tests.
- Assists in test environment setup/teardown, test automation, and exploratory testing.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of test data and test documentation.
- Provides suitable solutions for issues/errors based on the understanding of the system and client business processes.
- Assists management in setting the direction for quality assurance within the organization.
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defects or issues densities
What you need to succeed in that role:
- 5-8 years of Quality Assurance and testing experience in a web development environment.
- Strong knowledge in functional testing and in SQL DB and Microsoft tools (Visual Studio, Excel, etc.…)
- API testing tools (Postman, SoapUI) for automated checks. They offer predefined snippets to automate API testing without the need to write code to test the API.
- Experience in quality management tools (Micro Focus Quality Center, TestDirector, Test Manager, TestLink, SpiraTest, TestRail, HP-ALM (QC)) to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process including planning, running tests, and tracking defects, generating and storing test reports, and interlinking them with the release requirements.
- Experience in Agile and experience in release/product life cycle
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Strong coding, design, and analytic skills and expertise on any programming language.
Explorance is a provider of innovative experience measurement solutions. The company empowers organization’s decision-making for action by measuring employee and student voice and feedback. Through scalable automation with tools including the Blue ® solutions and Metrics That Matter™, and expert-based services, Explorance facilitates continuous improvement and accelerates the insight-to-action cycle, leading to personal growth and organizational agility.
Founded in 2003, Explorance is headquartered in Montreal with business units in Chicago, Chennai, Melbourne, Amman, and London. Explorance works with 35% of the Fortune 100, and 25% of the top higher education institutions, including 8 of the world’s top 10 business schools. The company has clients in more than 40 countries. Explorance has been consistently recognized for its culture of high trust by the Great Place to Work® Institute, and as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ organization.
Are you curious to get to know more about our approach and products? Check out our website.