Infrastructure Systems Administrator
Internal Infrastructure Systems Administrator
Explorance is a rapidly growing software company recognized for its unique workplace culture. We strive to be the best we can for our people, our customers, and the community. We are looking for an exceptional Infrastructure Systems Administrator to join our dynamic team who thrives in a demanding, fast-moving environment. Reporting to the VP of DevOps , this individual will collaborate closely with the development/QA team, DevOps and IT, working on making sure our internal laboratory environment (Infrastructure) and services are secure, highly available and scalable.
What you will do as our Internal Infrastructure Systems Administrator:
- As a system administrator on the DevOps team, you will be hands-on operational supporting our development and QA environment to ensure reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance.
- Manage and establish priorities for analysis, design, development and maintenance of entire infrastructure systems and security implementations.
- Design and execute short- and long-term strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity attains current and future needs.
- Define and manage IT Disaster Recovery Strategy for organization.
- Report and prepare strategies to maintain server infrastructure.
- Foster a culture of accountability, innovation, and team building.
- Maintain and improve company standards
- Support the activities of our Internal Operations including reporting, monitoring, and dashboards
- Track our customer SLAs (Dev Org and QA) and ensure total conformity to these customer commitments
- Determine necessary operations certifications and implement plans for securing and maintaining these certifications
- Participate in strategic platform and technology decisions, including new technologies, cost-savings strategies, improved process, and unique value features.
- Manage the day-to-day service delivery and escalations through a holistic, end-to-end incident management process.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the role
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft environments (MS Server, IIS, MS SQL, Azure)
- Experience with virtualization platforms, preferably HyperV
- Experience with web application environments, including TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, NGINX, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Apache/Tomcat
- Strong working knowledge of networks, firewall systems, and routing protocols.
- Proficient with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash
- Hands-on experience with high availability web architecture and technology
- Experience with configuration management software, version control software and job execution tools, preferably Git and Jenkins
- Prior experience in hands-on troubleshooting of complex system problems that include capacity planning and performance tuning, reliability or high availability initiatives.
- Experience with centralized logging services and backup systems
- Minimum of 5 years of successful in-depth knowledge
- know how to adapt to a constantly evolving environment and like to bring forth new ideas.
- have managed 24×7 operations
- are experienced in managing hosted operations, with a proven track record
- Have worked on production environment compliance, certifications, and audits including security
- Have a strong knowledge of infrastructure and networking security concepts
- Sense of initiative, resourcefulness, and autonomy.
- Great team spirit and able to work effectively across teams within Explorance and with partners to “make it happen”
- Work efficiently, Organized, Good time management.
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Founded in 2003, Explorance supports more than 20 million students and employees in their professional journey of purpose, growth, and impact.
As the leading provider of People Insight Solutions, Explorance focuses on where people's experiences converge with talent effectiveness. By connecting the moments that matter, we bring together a unified picture of needs, expectations, skills, knowledge, and competency. By providing proven measurement expertise and decision-grade AI-enabled recommendations, we help accelerate the insight-to-action cycle, enabling organizational agility and individual success.
Headquartered in Montreal with business units in Chicago, Chennai, Melbourne, Amman, and London, Explorance works with 25% of the Fortune 100 companies and the world's top Higher Education institutions. Explorance has been consistently recognized for its culture of high trust by the Great Place to Work® Institute and as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ organization. To learn more, please visit Explorance.