Sales Development Representative - Higher Education
Join a Montreal based company that helps organizations around the world create a personalized journey of impact and fulfillment for their people. Explorance offers innovative Experience Management (XM) solutions because we believe that each experience matters.
As a Sales Development Representative - Higher Education, you will be prospecting the Higher Education market within North America. You will be responsible for generating sales ready leads and opportunities via outbound and inbound prospecting by phone, email and social outreach. You will be focused on industry and specific vertical markets as defined by sales and marketing strategies. You will be focused on generating qualified sales opportunities to support a team of Account Executives within a defined geographic territory across North America. Your day to day will be a mix of prospecting, skill development and team collaboration.
This role is largely remote, with some time in a shared office space in Toronto and periodic travel to our Montreal office.
What you will do as our new Sales Development Representative – Higher Education:
- Generate new business opportunities from Outbound and Inbound prospecting
- Use a mixture of prospecting methods including cold calling, email and social outreach
- Work in collaboration with other Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives
- Report on any new market trends that may provide additional insight to sales and marketing
- Utilize Salesforce and other sales and marketing tools to track and maintain leads
- Understand Explorance offerings and effectively communicate them to prospects
- Achieve and exceed monthly/quarterly quotas and objectives
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent experience)
- Strong work ethic – willing to put in the work
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organization
- Strong phone presence, comfortable with high-volume, outbound cold calling
Nice to have
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) or other relevant sales optimization tools
- Experience working in a dynamic and challenging, growing start-up environment
- Additional languages
Explorance is a provider of innovative experience measurement solutions. The company empowers organization’s decision-making for action by measuring employee and student voice and feedback. Through scalable automation with tools including the Blue ® solutions and Metrics That Matter™, and expert-based services, Explorance facilitates continuous improvement and accelerates the insight-to-action cycle, leading to personal growth and organizational agility.
Founded in 2003, Explorance is headquartered in Montreal with business units in Chicago, Chennai, Melbourne, Amman, and London. Explorance works with 35% of the Fortune 100, and 25% of the top higher education institutions, including 8 of the world’s top 10 business schools. The company has clients in more than 40 countries. Since 2014, Explorance has been ranked consecutively as a top employer by the Great Places to Work Institute® and is currently ranked as the #1 “Best Workplace in Canada” for 2021.
Are you curious to get to know more about our approach and products? Check out our website.